Consider how you can use the PLN interactions of this course to further your digital identity post-term.

Throughout this course, I have had the opportunity to communicate and interact with the other members of our EDCI 338 course. Now, as we are wrapping up the semester, I can reflect on all of the areas that I have furthered my digital identity. First of all, it was relieving to see that all of the members within my PLN on matter most were constantly active. Without seeing the members active regularly, I would not have been able to develop a reliable PLN. That is why I made sure I contributed to my group members as I knew that going into the final portion of the semester, members would not want to work with me on the final project. As I was communicating with the members of my PLN, I was able to trust the opinion of my group members, as they trusted me also.

What does it mean to have a digital identity in your industry of choice and can your current PLN be used to help professional development post-course?

The takeaways from this course are important as I learned so much about my PLN. With that being said, I have always focused on having a positive digital identity for both my personal and professional life. Having a professional social presence will ensure that I am not talked negatively about by my peers, or viewed as a negative influence by future employers. Currently, my PLN has helped me develop a more professional presence. By consistently communicating, I have developed a reliable PLN, which I will take with me throughout my life. Without having a reliable PLN, you cannot trust the opinion of the others you communicate with.

Additionally, as you progress through the steps of your career, can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities?

I believe that my PLN has become more reliable since the beginning of the semester. I have been more careful of who I communicate with, how I communicate with others and make sure I am contributing in my PLN. As I have been in other courses where there are members who say little to none, I have noticed the importance of contributing in a PLN. Progressing through my career, the members of my PLN outside of school have been helping me progress towards professional opportunities. As they are also highly educated, I can trust their opinion and they can help guide me down a safe professional path.