EDCI 338 Course Experience

Through EDCI 338, I have had the opportunity to create a reliable PLN. Before joining EDCI 338, my inner circle members were somewhat of an echo chamber, making my opinion, and the others within my PLN have relatively the same opinions. Now, after completing this course, I have had the opportunity to communicate and trust the other members of my PLN. This has really shown me how consistently contributing with the members who I learn with makes an impact on the outcome of my learning. Along with this, I have learned what media literacy is and how I need to question the reliability of my sources. Without knowing your information is coming from a reliable resource, there is no telling if the information you are getting is true. Also, I really liked learning about the importance of having personal and professional social media. Learning this information has really helped me understand how I should only be sharing positive content on my social media accounts. Without filtering the content shared on both personal and professional social media accounts, you can offend others, or potentially hurt your reputation as an individual.

PLN Development & Use of Social Media and Networked Publics

This course has really helped me understand the importance of using a PLN effectively to increase my understanding of topics. Now, I have been able to communicate and collaborate with a reliable PLN through this course on matter most. By collaborating with them, I have noticed how my understanding of topics has increased, and my understanding of course content has increased. This opportunity to collaborate with the members of my PLN is unlike other courses I have participated in and I can honestly say it has increased my learning outcomes. Going forward, I will be focusing on the development of my PLN so I can challenge the understanding of the others within my PLN. As I wasn’t aware of how to develop my PLN prior to this course, I have learned how using social media and networked publics can increase my knowledge.

How I Plan to Use my PLN Into my Next Steps in Life

Taking the newly learned information from this course and putting it into my livelihood is something that I intend on doing. Making sure the individuals I collaborate within my PLN are reliable is one of the first things I will work on. As mentioned before, I find my inner circle of friends are somewhat of an echo chamber, which makes us not have many conflicting opinions. To make sure that I am progressing my PLN, I will challenge the knowledge and opinions of my peers. This will result in a progression of my knowledge along with the knowledge of the members of my PLN. By learning from the opinions and experiences of the others within my PLN, I will be able to expand my knowledge on numerous topics.